Thursday, January 27, 2011

Uncertainty


I've been seeing someone for the past few weeks. His name is A and I met him online on Okcupid. He picked me out somehow, messaged me patiently starting with questions about my work and with very mild encouragement on my part asked me for a date. I liked him from the beginning. Not as talkative as most of my past, but not awkwardly quiet either. We went on a second date and I ended up back at his place making out passionately and perhaps just a bit more than strictly making out. During that second date a few D/s hints both physical and verbal began to surface. I'm terribly shy about openly discussing these things, but I was so happy. And attracted. Somehow, without combing the daunting ranks of Fetlife I'd managed to stumble across someone who seemed reasonably normal and who was close to my age and who took the initiative a bit. That was then.

Now that we've been on six or seven dates, suddenly the chemistry has dried up and we are amicably hanging out. Or pretending to amicably hang out. I have no idea what he's up to, but I'm picking up on something and it's making me unhappy. I want the physicality of our first few dates back and the fact that he doesn't seem to...it's a warning sign I cannot ignore. There's something else at play here and I need to figure out what. Is he seeing someone else? My instincts point that way, but I don't really want to think about it. I hate that game. I really, really hate it. It's the one thing I will not tolerate.

Of course, there could be other things going on here too. Perhaps I'm just that bad and not desirable enough for relationship material. Maybe I let things move along too quickly and should instead have been more aloof. Maybe I was too reluctant about other things. The point is, something is off already and that makes me sad. I'll admit that I wanted more with him. A lot more. And now all I can do is play the disappearing act and see if that will draw him out. ::sigh:: Starting with the silent treatment, let the games begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment