Saturday, April 16, 2011

You may have noticed the relative quiet of this blog. ::sigh:: Yours truly is not a very reliable blogger. I was going to try and be more reliable given all those good intentions mentioned previously, but that didn't happen. I am going to try and take stock of things and see what I can do to move forward. I have, after all, improved in some areas and in all likelihood there isn't anyone actually following this blog and no one has set any high expectations for me other than myself. See? That's what makes it so hard. Nothing to live up to. No one's disappointment at my low performance. Just the feeble superego nudging at the large, fat id to get up off'n the ass and accomplish some things.

On a happier note, Sister cleaned the common areas of the apartment today. Wonder of wonders! We have been living here for two and a half months and during that length of time she exerted herself to clean the kitchen twice, but never the bathroom or the hall. Not even once. Nor could she be troubled to transport one small bag of trash from the kitchen out the door around the main hall corner and toss it into the trash chute. Also, I was arriving home 6:30 or later to face a stack of dirty dishes, pots, and silverware which I had to clean in order to make dinner! Needless to say, this state of affairs was becoming a strain on the general relationship. I cleaned scrupulously for the first few weeks, then realized that no help was forthcoming and gave up in disgust to wait until it got so bad that she'd clean. Nothing happened and in disgust over the state of the place, I cleaned again, but after a couple more weeks I gave her a three-sentence lecture about how she needed to started helping out. And now, finally, it happened. I'm actually really proud of myself for not getting all worked up about it when I was around her. True, there was that one evening when I came home to a filthy bathroom and no toilet paper or even tissues left and stomped out the door to get more in high dudgeon. I probably tried to slam a few doors and I refused to speak more than a monosyllable to her, but I never claimed to be a saint... And I think that was when I gave her the lil reproof that helped set in motion an equitable division of household chores. Such a relief.

Speaking of cleaning, my room is in a dreadful state. Ai! I really need to do something about it. And I also need to think up a dish to take to this potluck I'm attending tomorrow. Wish I enjoyed cooking and/or had a good recipe for an easy dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment