Sunday, March 20, 2011

Self-improvement

After two late nights in a row (meaning I was out dancing and/or drinking until 3-4am), I went to brunch this morning feeling less than chipper. In attempt to counteract my fatigue, I drank two cups of strong coffee with my eggs florentine. The coffee didn't help at all. I parted ways from my friends feeling like I was still a limp and quieter-than-usual version of myself. However, unfortunately the caffeine kicked in anyway and now I feel so awake I don't think I will fall asleep for at least another hour. This means waking up for work groggy and underslept and barely stumbling out the door soon enough to catch the train and then facing the Monday work pile.

All around me is sleep and homey quietude. Sister eschewed helping clean house and washing the mountain of dishes she used today in favor of an early night. The Babe is full of yummy dog food I just bought for him and curled up in his newly cozied up bed contented and fast asleep. But yours truly is wide awake and for lack of better inspiration, typing away.

No comments:

Post a Comment